Friday, December 7, 2007

Phenomenal!

Sorry for the lack of posts as of late, but I have been running around like a crazy person for the last month or so....


Anyways I just had to post this tonight, because I just watched a Carrie Underwood performance that once again blew me away!

She sang "The Sound of Music" for the Movies Rock special, and her interpretation of this song, along with an unbelievable vocal just bowled me over. She sang it in an almost melancholy way, not joyful the way Julie Andrews seemed to in the movie, but it made me look at the song in a whole new way. Just like when she sang "Desperado" at the Grammies last year. The way she handled this one got me thinking about how the words kinda sound like a person longing for comfort and home of the hills, and I had never ever gone there before.

Anyways enjoy for yourself, and I am interested to hear what you all think! ( I know the 6 of you that were watching it with me already feel the way I do...lol)

Sound of Music


No comments: