Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cell Biology Fun

The p53rd Psalm

p53 is my shepherd, I shall not cycle
It maketh me to lie down in G1
It leadeth me beside still nucleotide pools
It restoreth my genome
It leadeth me past the restriction point for replication's sake
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the cobalt irradiator
I shall fear no gamma rays, for thou art Guardian of the Genome
Thy amino and thy carboxy termini, they comfort me
Thou maintainest my genomic stability in the presence of mine enemies
Thou annointest my nucleus with p21/WAF1/Cip1/Sdi1/Pic1
my cyclin dependent kinases overflow
Surely pRb phosphorylation and E2F activation shall follow me
all the cycles of my life
and I shall dwell in a non-tumorigenic state until senescence


Found this on Pharyngula!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just want to say, if you understand any of this at all, you deserve my "Cell Biology = Love" t-shirt!!!! Then you could show the world your dork-dom just like me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I didn't understand a word of it, but I still thought it was hillarious! Does that count for anything?

--Leeann

PS. I finally figured out how to comment on Blogspot sites a month or so ago (I'm a bit slow). I've been reading for a long time though.:)