Friday, April 11, 2008

Carrie Gives Back

I didn't get to catch much of the Idol Gives Back Special this year, but what I did seemed to be more put together than last year.

Several performances really stood out...Annie Lennox and Carrie Underwood. Now last year I didn't really like the Annie performance and of course everyone knows that I think Carrie's "I'll Stand by You", is one of her absolute best, so I wasn't really sure what to expect with this years performances from both of them.

This year Annie totally delivered a phenomenal rendition of "Many Rivers", I actually stopped getting ready for work to watch it.


Then a bit later, while I was getting ready to head out the door, I heard Simon introducing Carrie. So of course I had to stay and watch. Holy awesome performance Batman. She was absolutely AMAZING. The emotion was there, the passion was there, and her voice has never sounded better. When she started getting choked up at the end of the song, I literally had tears in my eyes.....trust me that is big, (I hate crying).




This performance from Carrie is also the epitome of how much she has grown as an artist over the last couple of years, especially in her emotional connections to a song. Just Great!


I strongly urge you to check these out and purchase them on Itunes...however commerical and pathetic American Idol can seem at times this money goes to some really great causes.

No comments: