Friday, August 31, 2007

Pam Tillis


Well I was sitting in the library today, listening to my ipod when "Down by the Water" from Pam Tillis's new album Rhinestoned came through the shuffle. Now I got this cd because of a great recommendation from Kevin at Country Universe, and I haven't been disappointed.

But anyways, I have over 8000 songs on my ipod, and usually listen to different play lists I have made which usually have about 1000 or so songs each, makes listening to it like a great radio with no crappy repeats every 20 minutes that I don't want. It often means a long wait between songs that fit the perfect moment, or spark the perfect memory. As it so happed while listening to this song I couldn't help but be reminded of the wonderful weekend I will be having "down by the water", and all the fun I so desperately need to be having with friends. The words of this song almost sound like the singer has had a very brief fling "down by the water", and I have to say after the week I've had I wouldn't mind one of those either ( I wouldn't even mind if he left me alone) :) . Down By the Water
Great song, from a great artist, and here's to a Great Labor Day weekend!

P.S its not as dirty as it sounds...the fling just "talked" down by the water ;)

No comments: