Friday, July 27, 2007

BORED, with Patty Griffin

Well I never really realized how completely and utterly dependant I have become on the television til now. We are moving in a couple of days so everything is getting turned off...including the cable. Now If you asked me I would have to say I don't really watch much TV, at least not actual shows, but I actually have it on for most of the day just as background noise. We are basically at the calm before the storm of the actual moving, so today I just happen to be home...with nothing to do...and no television. I really think I might be going crazy with boredom. I have surfed every website that I can think of, read tons of fun science news, read blog after blog of other people around the world who are just as bored as I am and have come to the startling conclusion that I HATE having nothing to do.


I normally run around day to day with about 14 different things that need to be done in a timely manner, work, volunteering, papers, life...etc. I am always wishing that I could have a day to just do nothing, sit around and just be. Now I have it, I have it with no cable, no ideas for fun, and no friends home from work yet. I know in a couple of hours we will be out and about having a grand ole time, but right this instant I am dying the slow death of mind numbing uselessness (dramatic I know).

At least I have music to stand up as my background noise. Currently I am listening to quite a random play list with everything from The Raconteurs and Ryan Adams, to Patty Griffin and Pam Tillis, and of course no play list is complete without my girl Carrie Underwood (I love sneaking her name into random posts).

P.S on the Carrie Underwood single front, I hear rumor that it may be released to radio sometime next week. Of course I have been hearing this for a few weeks now, so I'm not sure I want to get my hopes up.

Patty Griffin's song "Rain" has to be one of my favorites right now. Its off her 1,000 Kisses album. Great song!


Alright, I think I am done rambling...for now

No comments: