Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trisha Yearwood, "Heavan, Heartache, and the Power of Love"


I have already read several reviews of this song so I will try not to let them shape my review of this wonderful artist :)

Trisha Yearwood was literally the first voice in music of any genera that I connected with. I have everything she has ever done, even though I was like 7 when most of her success was starting. Sad side note, I used to listen to different Garth Brooks songs just to hear Trisha's voice singing backgrounds. So anyways I am definitely a fan.

Now I first heard this song yesterday, and have gone back to it several times to try and get a feel for it. I am definitely excited to hear this on the radio, more songs like it should get air time too. But I continuously notice that it is not the song I'm in love with as of yet, its her voice. I've missed hearing Trisha on the radio except for the occasional "She's in Love with the Boy," so I really hope this does well.

So back to the song, there is nothing that I dislike about it per say, but other than being super excited about a new Trisha Yearwood song, I am not blown away. The production is flawless, her voice is flawless, and I know at some point I will be jamming out to this song on a road trip, but I think its going to take a few more plays for me to put it on my favorites list.

No comments: